Sardine Run 2021 Packages
Itinerary for the Sardine Run Ocean Safari
Day 1: Arrive at King Shaka International airport in Durban. At 12h00 we transfer from the airport on a scenic road transfer to Port St Johns. It is a 5 to 6 hour road transfer which we complete during the day as travelling at night is not advisable due to stray animals, pedestrians etc on the road. On arrival in Port St Johns we will have a full briefing.
Day 2 to 6: Full days at sea (Weather permitting). Breakfast is from 06h00. We transfer to the dive boat for a 7h30 launch for the days sardine activity. We spend the day searching for sardines. Depending on the Sardine activity, we return to Post St Johns and the guest house at about 15h00. The rest of the afternoon is free and dinner is served at 19h00. On the days that we can not go to sea, due to bad weather, we will arrange for land-based activities. Accommodation is on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. A packed lunch and refreshments is included for the sea days on the boat.
Day 7: After an early breakfast you depart for the 5 to 6 hour road transfer to King Shaka International airport in Durban.
Optional: Extend your trip before or after the safari with scuba diving with shark and/or reef dives at Aliwal shoal (Umkomaas) or at Sodwana bay (Northern Kwazulu Natal).
Sardine Run Ocean Safari - Dates
Safari 1 19 - 25 June 2021
Safari 2 25 June – 1 July 2021
Safari 3 1 July – 7 July 2021
Safari 4 7 – 13 July 2021
Safari 5 13 – 19 July 2021
Sardine Run Ocean Safari 2021 Pricing
6 nights/5 sea days (leaving on day 7)
R31 750.00 pp sharing (R33695 single person)
Includes in this package
- 6 night’s accommodation in Port St Johns in a beach front guest house per person sharing. (Single room accommodation are limited)
- Road transfers from Durban airport to PSJ and back to Durban airport
- Dinner, Bed and Breakfast.
- Packed boat lunch and refreshments for the 5 sea days.
- 5 Ocean Days (weather permitting).
- Cylinder, air fill, weights and belts.
- Dive permit to dive within the Pondoland Marine Reserve.
- Experienced Sardine Run skipper, guide, boat and fuel.
- Shared spotter plane
- Airfares and airport taxes.
- Drinks and all items of a personal nature.
- Lunch and all alcoholic drinks.
- Diver/travel and medical insurance.
- Dive gear rental.
- Additional land based activities.
- Staff gratuities.
- All flights and other road transfers
- All extra tours, activities and add-ons
- All equipment except weight belt, weights and cylinder.
Shorter stay: 4nights /3 sea days (The dates must fall between our safari dates listed below)
R20 750.00 per person sharing excluding transfers (R22 100.00 single)
R10 200.00 non diver per person sharing – land based (R11 500.00 single)
Self drive: R27000.00 per person sharing excluding transfers (R28900 single)
Boat days: Join our boat on our sea days for R3800 per day (subject to availability)
Extra accommodation: R1500 pps per day. (Subject to availability)
Contact us for availability if you would like to join us for a day or two, want us to design a package for you or want to drive yourself.
**** Contact us - Group incentives are available for groups of 7 or more paying divers ****